In this episode, Hugo discusses what is happening with the banks and explains unique ways to finance your rental properties as you grow your portfolio.
– The full scoop on bank upselling and how it works.
– The new mortgage rules and how they affect investors.
– How banks insure their mortgages, even if you don’t.
– The rules are always changing, if you can understand it and adapt, you will be fine.
– What to do when you’ve hit your lending cap.
– A blanket mortgage…might keep your portfolio warm and fuzzy.
– How many mortgages can you get and what do you need to qualify.
– The lender needs them to cash flow in order to consider them.
– The benefits of a CMHC insured mortgage.
Hugo has been in the banking industry for 8+ years. He started by working out of some of Canada’s largest banks on Bay Street. By using his signature client-focused approach, value-added advice and background in financial planning it wasn’t long before he was awarded Scotiabank’s prestigious ‘Best of the Best’ award for top performance.
Hugo and his partners work with Canada’s leading Real Estate investment education provider REIN, as their exclusive in house financing team. This partnership has allowed Hugo and his team to lead the way with investment financing solutions for clients across the country and providing financing education presentations to thousands of investors over the last few years.
Hugo’s commitment to all his clients whether buying their first home or financing their 10th rental property is to provide the absolute best mortgage experience, while helping his clients become financially better-off.