In this episode, Sam discusses the rules around raising money from partners and some of the consequences of not following them.
– There is a lot of people out there with a lot of money….as a real estate investor, you can be a solution provider.
– A security is basically everything to do with money and there is restrictions of who can trade in securities.
– You need an expensive prospectus to raise money, but there are exemptions.
– What is an accredited investor and why do you need to know… the onus falls on you.
– If someone is interested in doing business with you, one of the first things you should be doing is qualifying them.
– There are ways to advertise what you do without violating security law.
– How to find people to invest with you.
– Join networking groups, attend the meetings, and actually network with people.
– As real estate investors, we have a responsibility to the people we are raising money from…it needs to be protected to the fullest extend possible.
– Be patient and do things properly and you will have more money than deals.
Sam Perren has purchased Millions of dollars in residential real estate in Kamloops, and as result retired from a secure government job at age 30. Sam’s experience also includes university sciences at UBCO, a carpentry apprenticeship, and almost a decade of law enforcement. Sam successfully completed the Canadian Securities Course, a credential required for all financial advisors.
Sam’s business and portfolio are expanding using the S.A.F.E. principles he developed, and he creates double digit returns using Real Estate(to the delight of his partners!)
Sam is happily married and lives with his wife and children in Kamloops BC.