In this episode, Corey talks about what makes a great investment focused realtor and how you can find the best one for you.
– Hold, potentially never sell and have the mortgages paid off and the cash flow just increases.
– Why you want a great realtor on your team
– To get some of the really good deals out there, you want to be working with an investor focused realtor.
– How is an investment focused realtor different from a regular realtor?…Knowledge of the rental market and knowledge of what drives that market.
– If you want an investment focused realtor, make sure they are an investor themselves.
– How to find an investor focused realtor.
– When a great property hits the market, you don’t have all day to make a decision.
– How to be a great client for your realtor….Great communication and be ready.
– If you say you’re going to be ready, you need to be ready.
– What you need to do before you start looking at property.
Corey Young has been a full time investor since 2005 and is a Platinum REIN member in Edmonton, Alberta, where the economics for investing are excellent. Knowing what he needed help with when he was in his buying stage (he bought over 100 properties for his own investment in a 3 year period), he knew becoming a REALTOR® was the next natural step.
Since becoming a REALTOR® in 2009, he has won many industry awards including the prestigious Medallion Award for being in Top 5% of All REALTORS® in Edmonton for 2010, 2011 and 2012 and is honored to be named REIN’s Top REALTOR® for 2013 N. Alberta and Top REALTOR® at the Top Investor Awards for 2012.
Corey is also a Keyspire Investments Coach, having teamed up with Michael Sarracini and Scott MacGillivray from HGTV’s Income Property, to help Investors in Edmonton overcome the hurdles and pitfalls and get buying property.
Corey heads Alberta On Fire Investor Team, a Team of Award Winning Investor Focused REALTORS® that help investors find quality properties…helping keep the emotions out, the numbers foremost and the expectations realistic.
He enjoys an active lifestyle which includes running, hockey, golf, dirt-biking, snowboarding and just about any other competitive sport. His work/life motto is : Work to Live, not Live to Work.