In this episode, Mike discusses his property management process and how you can effectively attract, screen and deal with tenants.
– What is a great tenant…They need to be a fit for the property.
– How to right a great ad that attracts great tenants.
– People rent for lifestyle…Something is in the area that attracts them.
– Questions to pre screen your leads.
– How to run an open house and set appointments.
– The four pillars of tenant screening.
– It not all about the credit score, it’s the story it tells.
– What to watch out for when calling references.
– How the move in process works.
– It’s about customer service, that will make the difference of your whole relationship.
– Get into your places at least every six month. Set that expectation upfront.
– Have a process and stick to it!
Over the past 15 years Mike and his wife Shelly Manzer Currie have been actively renovating and selling properties. In 2009 they partnered with Mike Thibeau and formed the Fort Nova Group Limited, most recently he founded Landlord by Design a property management education company (www.landlordbydesign.com)
Mike is CAM Certified (Certified Apartment Manager), he is passionate about property management, and enjoys solving tough tenant / lanadlord relation problems. He is always eager to answer any questions relating to property management and real estate investing.
Make sure to check out his property management education company Landlord By Design – He formed a property education company to serve the need for information about how to run properties.
Mike’s other interests include running, family time, boating, and motorcycles. Additionally, he and Shelly are involved in several community and charitable events.