In this episode, Glen discusses how he began investing in the U.S.A. and some of the lessons he learnt doing it and how you can do it too.
– You may get a better return by buying outside of your backyard.
– Lower price and lower expenses make investor a higher cash flow.
– Go as far as you can see, and when you get there, go a little further.
– Set yourself up so you’re properly protected.
– What is a turn key provider and what do they do.
– Where to invest in U.S.A. and what to look for.
– Different states have different rules and some are better than others.
– How to finance your U.S. real estate.
– When you get your first no, don’t get discouraged.
– Bank accounts, currency and credit scores…what you need to know.
– How to hold the property to avoid extra taxes.
Glen Sutherland is a real estate investor from Cambridge, ON where he lives with his wife and two terrific children. He started his investing journey purchasing ‘buy and hold’ rental real estate locally. After a lot of research, he learned of more favourable laws, lower property taxes, and lower cost of entry south of the boarder. These factors make for greater ease of wealth creation. These days, Glen is investing in the US by purchasing single family ‘buy and hold’ rental real estate. He also hosts the Podcast and Youtube channel entitled, “A Canadian Investing in the US”, where he provides information and advise to investors interested in investing in both Canada and the US. He enjoys the privilege of sharing his knowledge with others.