In this episode, Mike discusses what Canadians need to know to purchase U.S. real estate.
– When you make a lot of money at a young age, you may take credit for things that have nothing to do with your skills.
– Going from a know it all to a learn it all made all the difference.
– Don’t work hard, work smart, use leverage and have a great lifestyle.
– What is different between purchasing in U.S. vs. Canada.
– It’s hard and costly to build a team if you’re only buying one or two properties.
– What to look for when choosing your market…It’s not what you think.
– Cash flow is great, but it’s not going to make you rich; look for appreciation.
– Turn one property into two by switching real estate markets.
– Types of neighbourhoods within each market.
– Do not buy property just because it’s cheap.
I have been involved in real estate for over 20 years. I started off investing in the Canadian real estate market but as the economy shifted I realized the returns and opportunities were much better in the United States.
I now tour across Canada giving seminars on how to invest strategically on both sides of the border. I teach other Canadians how to deal with the various hurdles that face us as foreigners in the US real estate market.