In this episode, Matt talks about his secret sauce to investing and how you can use it to increase your returns.
– Why apartment building are good in up and down markets.
– How the luxury home business compares to apartment building.
– The secret sauce to increasing your return on investment.
– How to identify cities that are growing.
– Only buy building direct to seller with a motivated seller.
– How to compound your equity.
– What renovations add the most value.
– Make your tenants happy to avoid the number one cost of owning a building.
– How to find and market directly to apartment building owners.
– The 92-7 rule and how it will impact your marketing.
Matt Skinner is the leader of Empire West and its affiliates, specializing in buying under-valued apartment assets and development opportunities. Empire West provides its investors a higher rate of return than they can typically find elsewhere because Empire West gets the very best deals. To expand the firm’s deal flow, Matt began teaching other real estate entrepreneurs across the country his techniques for powerful deal making and has created an army of sophisticated DealMakers that serve up the the very best deals on a consistent basis (http://www.dealmakersociety.com).
As a builder, Matt has won several prestigious awards, specifically for one Bel Air spec home project that was completed in 2008 and sold for $2M over asking price. He has successfully developed luxury spec homes, a shopping center, and multifamily projects. Mr. Skinner is a recognized speaker on market cycles and investment strategies. He enjoys obstacle course racing, hiking, sailing, and competitive combat sports. He is an active member on the board of Triumph Foundation (www.Triumph-Foundation.org), a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people with spinal cord injuries triumph over their injury.