In this episode, Lee discusses how to get started and grow your wealth by buying houses, fixing them up and placing great tenants.
– The real estate investing snowball effect.
– Your apprehensions will go away after you purchase the house and put a tenant in.
– Real estate is a long term game…The big secret is to get in and hang on.
– The three real estate income streams.
– If you have the drive to do it, you can make it work.
– Starting out is hard, but as you get going, the opportunities become clear.
– The property ladder and how it can grow your wealth.
– The benefits of investing in single family homes.
– Tenant selection…why it’s so important and how to do it right.
Lee Strauss of Kitchener Ontario is a full time Firefighter and active real estate investor. He started his journey into real estate investing in 2002 at the age of 21.
Since 2002 he has built his portfolio with a wide range of investment strategies including straight rentals, Rent–To–Own’s, flips, student rentals and Joint Ventures.
Currently Lee is pursuing more Joint Venture partners to continue to grow his portfolio. His current target profile is single family starter homes, in nice areas across the GTA.